Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tender Breasts And Tender Gums How to write novels without money: Characters

Originally published at

Anima Vel. Puede comment here or There .

Previously: The Argument .

IMHO, the characters are even more important than the argument. With a single character will opt for the sympathy and interest the reader, the story can be wildly wrong, the reader will read it and even, you might like.

A brilliant story, with characters that are not attractive ... not worth anything, can be a good and ingenious argument, but the characters loses shine.

So I wonder how I can make good characters?

Ejemplo de un Buen Personaje

My personal response anddefined easily. In contrast, the above kind person has an intrinsic defect, because it is part of his character is something built into him.

intrinsic defects seem more interesting because they give a lot of chicha time to evolve the character into the story.

Background The background for a character is a powerful and terrible at the same time, it is necessary, but you have no idea what to do with it. Basically the background enriches the character, where it comes from, what it does, what their hobbies, who your family, friends, studies, etc. There's a world of possibilities to create a character with a story aliveefore and after the simple argument of our book, to do visual and take their own life in our heads. But as writers, how do we achieve? Seeing as mentioned in the entry on the grounds

and the tendency to suddenly and fast, we can not introduce a character and devote pages to tell his life is a drag. Anne Mini

in his blog mentioned a type of storytelling, called "Telling Hollywood" that is precisely in such films as a character has a monologue, or dialogue with another, summarizing the background of history, or life. The problem is that dialogue is absurd because people do not naturally speak of matters that you know how if they were new, anddefuse bombs, what grace is that?. If we do that for, we risk breaking the thrill to have a tense scene where the hero is dedicated to remembering his days as a mining engineering student (I taught myself to defuse bombs, mind you, just leave the dielectric in short even when appropriate), nobody cares what he studied, there is a bomb! If you say after readers may think it is a last-minute excuse, even a Deus Ex Machina

.

What then?

Pray that our readers are not techy, for example.

O release information slowly, like someone does not like things. Make a small flashback to some interested actionnte of the character's life to tell us more about how it was (and, incidentally, what they studied, old friends, etc.). A dialogue where they drop hints and allusions. I suppose those can be good resources, let me know if you know more

I think I have elongated a little input, I wanted to have put some techniques I've seen out there to make characters, but I'll leave for another day. There is much to write about how to make a good character and I have the impression that this post is not even start with the tips of the hair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment